Patient Representative Program
Quality Insights Renal Network 4 believes that the presence of Patient Representatives in each dialysis center is critical for its in-center initiatives and for the Patient Representatives’ fellow patients’ awareness of the Network. We realize the value in having a liaison to the Network in-center to ensure the delivery of Network materials, messaging and support.
The Patient Representative Program is made up of people who are on dialysis or have had a kidney transplant and have been chosen to serve as Patient Representatives at their clinic. Patient Representatives volunteer to serve as liaisons to Network 4 and the dialysis facility administration. The Network provides Patient Representatives with information from the Network and its various committees. The information may be in the form of news from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or educational materials to be handed out to fellow patients.
Patient Representatives may be asked to:
- Assist with special projects at the dialysis facility.
- Act as mentors, particularly to new patients, introducing them to Network activities and publications, including the Network 4 patient rights and responsibilities, Network 4 grievance procedures and the Network newsletters.
- Bring patient concerns and questions to the facility administration during Quality and Governing Body meetings.
- Contact the Network at the toll-free number to report patient concerns or questions from your facility.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) believe patient participation in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) is a key component in ESRD Patient Engagement. As your dialysis facility’s patient representative you should be invited to participate in QAPI. Below are some guidelines for administrators and patient representatives to consider regarding patient involvement in administrative meetings. Also posted below is a patient representative quality meeting notes outline that patient representatives are welcome to use when attending administrative meetings.
Patient Representative Meeting Materials and Recordings
February 7, 2017
January 4, 2017
Upcoming 2017 Patient Representative Meetings*
Call information: Dial 1-866-951-1151 and then enter 35 24 922 followed by the # key.
*All meetings start at 2:00 p.m. ET, unless otherwise indicated below.
- February 7 and 8: Kt/V and What it Means to Me/Care Planning
- March 7 and 8: How to Improve Quality of Care
- April 4 and 5: Hints on How to Manage Fluid Needs
- May 2 and 3: Peer Mentoring and a Look at Hope
- June 6 and 7: Dietary Wows… How to Keep your Phosphorus and Calcium in Balance
- July - Off – Happy Summer
- August 1 and 2: Support Groups Do Work
- September 5 and 6: Exercise Your Stress Away
- October 3 and 4: 2017 Network 4 Quality Improvement Activity Reports
- November 7 and 8: Holiday Planning – Hints on Creative Celebratory Eating
- December 5 and 6: Year Recap and What is in Store for 2018
Speak with your social worker, clinic manager or call the Network at 800-548-9205 if you'd like to hear more about becoming a Patient Representative at your dialysis center.
Page last updated: 02/24/17