Become a Patient Dialysis Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Quality Insights Renal Network 4 is seeking Renal Dialysis Patients to partner with our Quality Improvement (QI) staff to design and conduct Quality Improvement Activities (QIA) that directly impact the care of the dialysis patient.
Who is Quality Insights Renal Network 4?
Quality Insights Renal Network 4 is a health care company who has been contracted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to support the achievement of national quality improvement goals and statutory requirements as set forth in Section 1881 of the Social Security Act and the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1986. The term “Network” is a term used to refer to the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network contractor. QIRN4 participates in assigned activities that are selected to align with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) National Quality Strategy (NQS)
, the CMS Three-Part Aim (Better Care, Smarter Spending, Healthier People), and other CMS priorities designed to result in improvements in the care of individuals with ESRD.
What is the ESRD Network Program?
Under the direction of CMS, the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network Program consists of a national network of 18 ESRD Networks, responsible for each U.S. state, territory, and the District of Columbia. ESRD Networks service geographic areas based on the number and concentration of ESRD beneficiaries. ESRD Networks work with consumers/patients and ESRD Dialysis Facilities and other providers of ESRD services to refine care delivery systems to make sure ESRD patients get the right care at the right time
. The Program's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What is End Stage Renal Disease Quality Improvement?
- Improving quality of care for ESRD patients
- Collecting data to measure quality of care
- Providing assistance to ESRD patients and dialysis providers
The End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Initiative promotes ongoing CMS strategies to improve the quality of care provided to ESRD patients. This initiative supports quality improvement efforts among providers and makes available quality information that will enable patients to participate in making health care decisions.
What is achieved with quality improvement activities?
To achieve the vision of the ESRD Network Program, the right care for every person every time
, quality improvement activities assist dialysis providers in transforming quality to make health care:
This ultimately transforms health care and improves the quality of care and quality of life for ESRD patients.
What are the opportunities at Network 4?
Volunteer to work on any of the following Quality Improvement Projects:
- Improving patients experience of care by addressing complaints and grievances at selected facilities
- Improving Transplant Referral at selected facilities
- Reducing the use of dialysis catheters
- Improving dialysis patients’ immunization rates at selected facilities
- Reducing blood stream infections for dialysis patients
- Reduce the number of patients with high calcium levels in their blood
Time commitments for patient SME volunteer participation in QIA projects and Network Activities:
- Become an active member on one of our boards
- Patriciate in monthly CMS calls
- Be an active voice in the work that we do every day
- Be willing to participate in 2-4 QIA telephone planning meetings (one hour in duration) during the months of November and December of 2016.
- Be willing to participate in monthly telephone meeting starting January 2017 lasting through October 2017.
Ready to Become a SME?
If you would like to volunteer as a Subject Matter Expert, please download and complete the form below and either fax to (610) 783-0374 or mail to Quality Insights Renal Network 4, 610 Freedom Business Center, Suite 102, King of Prussia, PA 19406.